We are God's perfect couple

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

On cigarettes, liquors and coffee



I started smoking nine years ago. I’m turning 33 so you do the math. It was easy and relaxing. So, how did I start? I ask permission from my mom if I could join her for smoke and she said yes. I was surprised ‘because I was expecting her to say no and that I wasn’t old enough to start (yeah at 24). I enjoyed smoking! Whenever I feel tense, I smoke. If I’m sad or troubled, I light a cigarette then all is well. It was like magic whenever I smoke. I can think clearly, I can decide quickly and most of all I feel powerful and sexy!


 But why did I quit?
Here are some of the reasons why I quit smoking:
1.     My eating habits got affected. It made me thin then stout. It was a weight destroyer!
2.     I started to hate the smell of my mouth not just my breath.
3.     My teeth became yellowish.
4.     I get sick the next day after I finish 6 to 8 sticks.


When I was in college my mom kind of like gave us a hall pass to see and experience the real world. We were allowed to go to parties with drinking sessions. My first alcoholic drink (to taste) was vodka! It was hot! I thought it burned my throat. And it happened in our ancestral house in Baguio City. Next was tequila. I went to a party (in the neighborhood) where they served tequila only. Everyone in the house need to finish all the tequila and we all took our turns gulping down one shot after the other. At least we were still able to converse and laugh like sober teenagers until the wee hours. The last time I had alcohol in my body was two years ago when my husband and some of our friends went to Baguio after our Ilocos trip. I needed to drink due to the cold weather. But I didn’t need to drink it straight this time. I had myself different sorts of ladies drink. I tried almost everything that night. But my favorite would be vodka sprite with cherries and dry martini with olives and cherries. I always ask the bar tender to put cherries in all my drinks. The bar was warm, the drinks were cold and company of friends and a hubby was the perfect concoction to end that night.


I never thought that I would fall in love with coffee. I’m a tea person by the way. My dad drinks tea everyday. His favorite was Lipton Tea. I started drinking tea without the knowledge of my parents when I was in third grade. My friend Myra encouraged me to drink tea because it’s good for the health. Since then, I always had time for tea. Then different kinds of coffee shops sprung like mushrooms and changed everything! In college I would go to any coffee shop just to drink coffee or have a shot of espresso then leave.  All these changed when my sister Anna introduced me to Starbucks. She taught me to hang out in that place just to enjoy and relax and have an intimate conversation with her. And that’s how I first enjoyed and fell in love with coffee! It is important that I enjoy my coffee without time and worries in my mind. Time does not exist whenever I’m at a coffee shop (especially Starbucks) so I would not worry about anything like work or deadlines! Since then, I always have a cup of coffee  to start my day .
By the way, my sister Anna does not drink coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment