Monday, September 27, 2010

From a book


I get inspired whenever young women speak their minds. For me, it is a sign of courage and hope when they share one of their secrets to you.
In the book Picture The Girl, one of the teenagers shared how she was assaulted by someone she dated and that it took her a long time to deal with it.
One even opened up that she is a dyke(lesbian) and that it is a little difficult for her to announce it to her family. It even took her years to step out in her closet.
Reading their stories helped me open my mind in understanding my students more. I must accept the fact that their generation is different from mine and that as time passes, people, places, attitudes, feelings and ideas also change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging stuff

 April 6, 2024 I think it's time for me to make time for blogging again. I haven't been here for quite some time and I kinda missed ...