Saturday, September 20, 2014

My Favorite Fair

Last Thursday, September 18, 2014 Fully Booked invited our school to visit the 35th Manila International Book Fair at SMX MOA. I was with our Basic Ed librarian ma'am Nancy and her assistant Donna with five high school students who are members of the book lovers club and five elementary students who are part of the school's Barangayette. We were also joined by three other teachers namely ma'am Norie, ma'am Clare and ma'am Mhe Ann. 


My  kinda Fair


with the officers of the book lovers club


The first thing I did before entering the premises was to take a selfie with my friend. hehehe :-)


me with my friend Mhe Ann


At Fully Booked, we have chosen new sets of books for our library. We let the students do the choosing since they are the ones who will be spending time in the library to read. And I am glad that majority of our students are into reading. 

I bought two lovely books from Fully Booked and a pretty photo album for my Tala and her dozens of pictures. 





After shopping, we had lunch and thank you again Fully Booked for sponsoring our lunch. 

Our next bookstore was National Bookstore. I was able to buy 3 new books for my baby Tala at a very affordable price. And I was also able to get  a free pen from Titus Pens by simply liking their facebook page.

Whenever I go to a bookfair I never forget to visit Ilaw ng  Tahanan Pulishing, OMF Literature Inc. and Shepherd's Voice Publishing and other publishing houses that sells inspirational books. 

In Tahanan Publishing i bought 2 books and a lot of stationery and calendar planner. I usually buy a lot to give as presents for the new year. I love their unique quotes and books with funny Filipino practices. Even their paperbag is cool and pretty.

Thank goodness some of the books at Shepherd's Voice are worth 50 pesos only since it was a throwback one well, i mean it's an old stock from last year. So i bought two.

Next one that i visited was the OMF Literature. I just bought three  inspirational books that i can afford. Most of the books cost more than three hundred and i need to budget my money. 

Before going home we signed on the doodle board and had our pictures taken with Aki the book.
doodle sign inspiration


me with AKI the book

Ma'am Nancy with AKI the book

This day was definitely a good and productive one. Hopefully next year i will be able to go back and find inspiration in all the books that i will find. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Singapore Trip with my HubbyLents

February 21 - 24, 2017 February 21, 2017 So, we decided to go on a trip! A trip to Singapore! Is it for business? Or is it for good 'ol ...